Manual Handling Awareness Training
Manual Handling Awareness
Know how to move items correctly with our concise course in Manual Handling Awareness and reduce risk of injury in your workplace.
It is important that manual handling is done correctly to avoid injury. Taking our course will give you the practical knowledge you need to understand the risks involved if you handle items incorrectly.
This is a training only half day course. But in that time you'll learn the basic skills of manual handling with background theory and practice. You'll look at the types of injuries caused by incorrect handling and how to stay safe when performing tasks.
- Introduction to manual handling
- Manual handling and the law
- The musculoskeletal system
- Mechanics of movement
- Types of manual handling injuries
- Risk assessment
- Control measures for reducing the risks of harm
- Principles of safer handling
- Manual handling equipment.
When you've completed the course you'll get a training certificate.